Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ever the unexpected

Will kids ever act or respond as we expect? I think the answer should be a definite No


Normally, we both sing rhymes/songs (or rather I sing to her and she pitches in) when engaged in any activity. This morning, when I was bathing her, I was singing as I normally do "This is the way to take your bath early in the morning" . And then I asked her, "Morning na yenna?" (what does morning mean?) . I was expecting her to reply "kaarthaala" (meaning morning in tamil) as I had taught her yesterday. But pat came the reply


"English!!!"



I am yet to figure out how she knew it was English. I had not taught her that and neither had any of my other family members. Will kids ever respond as expected?

1 comment:

Did you like what Jillu did? Here is where you can write about it.